The "Find My iPhone" function is linked to an activation lock, which means that only those who have the service activated with a password can use the device. In order for a device to be reusable, the device needs to be disconnected from "Find My iPhone" so that all content can be deleted and reset.
Turn off "Find My iPhone"
To turn off the "Find My iPhone" feature, you can perform the following steps:
- Go to Settings in your phone and select iCloud
- Switch off "Find My iPhone / iPad" by dragging the button to the left. Enter your Apple ID password
- Now the device will turn off "Find My iPad / iPhone".
- If the button is no longer green, you have successfully deactivated the function.
To turn off the feature if you have a device that you need to turn off via the browser, follow these steps:
- Sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID
- Go to Find My iPhone
- Click "All Devices" at the top of the screen
- Select the device you want to delete from iCloud Click "Delete".
- Select Next until the device is deleted
- Click "Remove from Account"